Date: May 3-4, 2019 Location: Boston, MA
State-of-the-Art Approaches to Help Patients Initiate and Sustain Health-Promoting Behaviors.
This immersive two-day course offers state-of-the-art strategies to guide patients to healthier lives. Education includes evidence-based strategies, tools and techniques to effect healthier changes in patients (and physicians, role models for their patients), including nutrition, exercise, sleep, weight loss, and stress management. This course also provides updates on payment structures that reward clinicians based upon patients’ health behaviors and health outcomes.
Highlights of the 2019 program include:
- The strategies that produce the best results for stress resiliency, sleep quality, nutrition, and weight-loss counseling
- Guidance to prescribe exercise and perform risk assessments
- Health coaching (it’s not “eat less; exercise more”)
- Clinician self-care: what it is and why it matters
- What really gets reluctant patients to make healthy changes
- Leveraging lifestyle medicine to prevent and treat type 2 diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, depression, anxiety, osteoporosis, dementia, certain cancers, and sexual health issues
- When, why, and how to incorporate lifestyle medicine for underserved populations
- Clinicians in the Kitchen – May 1
- Mastering the Principles of Motivational Interviewing – May 2
- Culinary Health Education Fundamentals (CHEF) Coaching – The Basics
24.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – maximum
Venue: Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel